Curry Potatoes with Chickpeas Recipe - A Delicious and Nutritious Meal
Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious meal that's easy to prepare? Look no further than this Curry Potatoes with Chickpeas recipe! This flavorful dish is made with high-quality ingredients, including Wurzpott spices, and is perfect for vegetarians or anyone looking for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Ingredients for Curry Potatoes with Chickpeas Recipe
Before we get started, let's gather all the ingredients we need for this recipe:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon Wurzpott Chili Threads
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons Wurzpott Smokey Curry
- 1 tablespoon Wurzpott Curry Purple
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 15 oz chickpeas, 1 can, drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 14 oz diced tomato, 1 can
- 14 oz coconut milk, 1 can
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Wurzpott Salt Flakes and Pepper to garnish
Step-by-Step Instructions for Curry Potatoes with Chickpeas Recipe
Now that we have all the ingredients, let's start preparing the dish:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pot and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add 1 ½ teaspoons of paprika, 1 tablespoon of Wurzpott Chili Threads, and 2 teaspoons of cumin powder to the pot and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Wurzpott Smokey Curry, 1 tablespoon of Wurzpott Curry Purple, 2 teaspoons of minced ginger, and ½ teaspoon of black pepper to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the peeled and cubed potatoes and drained chickpeas to the pot and stir to coat with the spice mixture.
- Pour in 1 cup of vegetable broth, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 can of diced tomatoes to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk to the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve the Curry Potatoes with Chickpeas hot, garnished with fresh cilantro, Wurzpott Salt Flakes, and Pepper.
Why use Wurzpott spices?
Wurzpott spices are the perfect addition to this recipe because they are made from high-quality, sustainably sourced ingredients that are free from artificial additives and preservatives. Using Wurzpott spices ensures that your dish will have the freshest and most authentic flavors.
Benefits of Curry Potatoes with Chickpeas Recipe
Not only is this dish delicious, but it's also packed with nutrients that are beneficial for your health. Potatoes are an excellent source of potassium, fiber, and vitamin C, while chickpeas provide protein, fiber, and iron. Coconut milk adds healthy fats.
Cook the Potatoes and Chickpeas
Add the cubed potatoes and drained chickpeas to the pot and stir to coat them with the spices. Pour in the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
Add Lemon Juice
After the potatoes and chickpeas are cooked, add in a tablespoon of lemon juice. The lemon juice adds a refreshing tang to the dish and helps to balance out the richness of the coconut milk.
Garnish and Serve
Once the curry is done cooking, it's time to garnish and serve. Top with fresh cilantro and a sprinkle of Wurzpott Salt Flakes and Pepper. Serve with some naan bread or rice for a hearty and satisfying meal.
The Benefits of Cooking with Wurzpott Spices
Using high-quality spices can elevate a dish from ordinary to extraordinary. Wurzpott Spices are the perfect addition to this curry potato and chickpea recipe. Their unique blends add layers of flavor to the dish, making it a true standout. In addition, Wurzpott Spices are organically grown and sustainably sourced, ensuring that you are not only getting a delicious meal, but also supporting ethical and environmentally-friendly practices.
This curry potato and chickpea recipe is a delicious and hearty meal that is perfect for any occasion. With the addition of Wurzpott Spices, the dish is taken to a whole new level of flavor and complexity. The combination of smoky curry, chili threads, and curry purple adds depth and richness to the dish, while the fresh ginger and lemon juice add a refreshing zing. This recipe is not only delicious, but also easy to make and packed with nutrients. Try it out for yourself and taste the difference that high-quality ingredients can make.
Curry Potatoes with Chickpeas
Chef Anne Hicks
This Curry Potatoes with Chickpeas Recipe is a hearty and flavorful dish that's perfect for any night of the week. Made with Wurzpott spices, including Chili Threads, Smokey Curry, and Curry Purple, it's packed with delicious aromatics and fresh flavors.
The dish starts with sautéed onions, garlic, and ginger, followed by the addition of cubed potatoes and chickpeas, and a mix of aromatic spices, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk. The dish is simmered until the potatoes are tender and the flavors have melded together, then finished with a touch of lemon juice and fresh cilantro. This dish is vegan, gluten-free, and perfect for meal prep or a cozy dinner at home.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1 ½ teaspoons Wurzpott Sweet Paprika
1 tablespoons Wurzpott Chile Threads
2 tablespoons Wurzpott Smoky Curry
1 tablespoon Wurzpott Curry Purple
2 teaspoons cumin powder
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced or grated
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 lb potato, peeled and cubed
15 oz chickpeas, 1 can, drained
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
14 oz diced tomato, 1 can
14 oz coconut milk, 1 can
fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Wurzpott Salt Flakes to garnish
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes, until translucent.
Add the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
Add the curry powders, paprika, chili threads, cumin, ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
Add the potatoes and mix well until well-coated in spices.
Add the chickpeas and stir to incorporate.
Add the broth, lemon juice, and tomatoes and stir, then pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine.
Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a simmer. Once bubbling, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
Serve with cooked rice and naan and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 18.4 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 11.5 grams
- 0 milligrams
- 658 milligrams
- 60.3 grams
- 12.2 grams
- 8.8 grams
- 11.2 grams